A- Level Psychology Teacher - April Start
Randstad Education are delighted to be supporting a high achieving Grammar School in the London Borough of Bexley in their hunt for an experienced, enthusiastic and innovative A- Level Psychology Teacher to join their Sixth Form Department.
The role is to cover a short term Maternity Leave commencing April 2017 for three months delivering the Year 12 and Year 13 until the end of the academic year.
The school has it dedicated Sixth Form Centre which provides pupils with a deidcated study area for KS5 students attached to newly built Learning Resource Centre. The school is situated in South East London, is close to both national rail and major road networks.
2016 Exam results saw 63% pupils achieve A*-B. 84% of pupils move onto further University Study which includes 26% of 2016 pupils moving on to Russell Group Institutions.
The ideal candidate would be someone who is able to challenge students to reflect on their own experiences and behaviour in an interactive and engaging way. You will be able to enhace the pupils learning by applying research that has real work application issues in every day life.
This a full time role from April 2017, offered on a Short Term Contract until July 2017 and would be perfectly suited to both experienced teachers and NQTS, who are committed to teaching Psychology to KS5 at the highest standard, raising the aspirations and achievements of their students.
The ideal candidate will have:
- UK QTS (or equivalent)
- Excellent academic history in subject specialism
- Excellent subject knowledge
- Able to plan and prepare creative and engaging lessons across KS5
- Able to monitor pupil's progress and keep records of their development, as well as preparing them for external examinations & qualifications
What can you expect from us?
- Competitive pay rates
- A dedicated Secondary Consultant to support you in your role
- Continual Professional Development from Randstad Education in addition to on-going training & support from the school
- On-going career advice & support
If you match the requirements above, please contact me for immediate consideration - Rachel Rogers Tel: 020 3 870 6350 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org