Furnishing Home Sales Consultant
Selling Curtains, Blinds and Shutters in Customer's Homes.
C&H Fabrics are looking for a Part Time In Home Sales Consultant for our Tunbridge Wells Store. We sell Curtains, Blinds and Shutters. This is a commission driven role with ability to earn open ended.
We are looking for 2 / 3 full days a week.
Home Sales Consultant - The role:
The role is a free service we offer to our customers, whereby our Home Consultant visits the customer in their home to measure windows, agree suitable and attractive soft furnishing solutions to the customer's specific window requirements and provide them with a quotation.
Leads are generated over the shop floor and a pre-agreed appointment time and date is booked in. The Home Sales Consultant will take with them any pre-selected fabric or blind samples, as well as the tools of trade required to measure and quote. Both a company van and all relevant tools of trade are supplied by the Company. A quote is then produced in the home using a laptop with our bespoke furnishing software based on fabrics selected, sizes agreed and the customer's requirements.
Home Sales Consultant - Duties and responsibilities include:
• Liaising with Floor Manager, Furnishing Administrator, Fitters and Curtain Makers.
• Preparing for all calls in advance and ensure required sampling is available.
• Estimating in the home whenever possible and converting leads in to confirmed orders.
• Overcoming any issues that the customer may face. The nature of the calls are often complex and require a bespoke solution, or else the customer would have placed the order on the shop floor.
• On return to store, process the order; post the receipt to the customer with confirmation of the order.
• Check on the progress of the orders on a regular basis. If time allows, go with fitter on final fitting visit.
• Communicate with sales floor staff in relation to leads.
• Be aware of new ranges / sales / promotions. Ensure that price lists and sampling are up to date.
• Ensure Company Vehicle and its contents are maintained as per Company Standards.
Home Sales Consultant - Appointments:
• The floor sales team will take bookings while the customer is in store, providing the Home Sales Consultant with good directions and will fill in the lead sheet with information of the customer's requirements.
• The Home Sales Consultant should ensure they have all relevant soft furnishing samples, books and prices required for each call. All necessary tools of trade.
• The Home Sales Consultant must ensure that appointment times are kept and customers notified of any delays or problems. As a guide we allow 2 hours for each call unless previously advised.
Neat appearance and an efficient attitude are essential for customer confidence. A Full UK Driving License is required.
C&H specialise in bespoke soft furnishings. This includes hand-made curtains; made-to-measure blinds and shutters, curtain poles and tracks; bay window solutions and all associated accessories. The successful candidate should have experience in retail, furnishings and ideally home selling.
Salary: Pro rata of £16k pa + Sales Commission up to £3k pa
The position is for two or three days per week with some flexibility included.
Please apply online with your CV and cover letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.