Electrical Engineer Technician - Electrician (AWDO-P3314)
Electrical Engineer Technician / Electrician that has LV electrical installation experience with a good knowledge and understanding of Control of Work Systems gained from working within a hazardous environment such as the Oil and Gas, Chemical, Pharmaceutical or other similar industry is required by a well-established Company in Canvey Island, Essex.
SALARY: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum + Benefits
KEY REQUIREMENTS: Candidates must have experience working within a hazardous environment such as the Oil and Gas, Chemical, Pharmaceutical or other similar industry where Health and Safety is at the forefront of everything you do.
We have a fantastic new job opportunity for an Electrical Engineer Technician / Electrician that has LV electrical installation experience with a good knowledge and understanding of Control of Work Systems gained from working within a hazardous environment such as the Oil and Gas, Chemical, Pharmaceutical or other similar industry.
Working as the Electrical Engineer Technician / Electrician you will provide LV electrical support for the site as part of the Engineering Department.
As the Electrical Engineer Technician / Electrician you key accountabilities will include:
- Monitoring all operational equipment and report any defects
- Maintaining safety and environmental standards throughout the site and report any deviations from these standards
- Maintaining site security standards and report any deviations from these standards
- Understanding where procedures are applicable and ensure they are followed
As a successful candidate you will have a great opportunity to join this well-established Company that can offer excellent career development opportunities.
If this job looks like your ideal position then please send in your CV as soon as possible for our Recruitment Team to review.
Your duties and responsibilities as the Electrical Engineer Technician / Electrician:
- Advise Management on the continued safe and efficient operation of equipment
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications in accordance with company policies & UK and International standards
- Provide electrical input for the production of Control of Work permits
- Propose improvements and enhancements to existing terminal systems
- Undertake Portable Appliance Testing in line with existing schedules
- Review electrical & instrumentation drawings / documents, making mark-ups as appropriate and following agreed process for revision & re-issue
- Undertake scheduled IMT (inspection, maintenance, testing) of all LV electrical equipment (to include fixed wiring, lighting & power, fire alarms including smoke heads)
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical and electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand / power tools & test apparatus
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with relevant codes and standards
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and instrumentation, using testing devices such as ohmmeters and voltmeters to ensure compatibility and safety of systems
- Direct and support contractors to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and systems
- Perform electrical equipment isolations as required
- Provide first response fire-fighting as required
- Provide first response and support for other site emergencies as required including accident response and confined space rescue
- Carry out a defined role as part of On-Site Emergency Plan
IDEAL CANDIDATE REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrable experience in LV electrical installation and maintenance operations
- Excellent knowledge and experience of the installation, calibration and maintenance of electrical instrumentation
- Knowledge and understanding of Control of Work systems
- Qualified to install electrical systems to 17th edition wiring regulations
- Ability to work at height
- Understanding of safety and environmental legislation applicable for the industry
- Awareness of HV
- Experience working within a hazardous environment such as the Oil and Gas, Chemical, Pharmaceutical or other similar industry where Health and Safety is at the forefront of everything you do
- Previous experience in oil storage or oil refining industry
- Ability to understand technical drawings e.g. P&IDs, loop diagram, SLDs
- Knowledge of ATEX & electrical equipment types for use in hazardous areas e.g. Exd, Exe, IS
- CompEx qualified
- Knowledge of computer based control systems
- Knowledge of control and communications systems & protocols
HOW TO APPLY
To be considered for this job vacancy, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team who will review your details. CV's of Job Applicants meeting this requirement will be submitted to our Client for consideration. By submitting your job application to us you are hereby giving us your express consent to submit your details to our Client for this purpose.
PLEASE NOTE: CVs MUST be attached to your email job application in Microsoft Word or PDF format for our systems to process your application correctly, rather than your CV copied and pasted into the body of the email.
Full-Time, Permanent Jobs, Careers and Vacancies in Canvey Island, Essex
AWD online operates as an employment agency
Apply for Electrical Engineer Technician - Electrician (AWDO-P3314)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly