Health IDVA / Practitioner - Domestic Violence
Job title: Health IDVAs (qualified)
Location: Southend, Chelmsford & Harlow, Essex CM1
Salary: £25,500 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent (part time may also be considered)
Hours: Monday - Sunday Shifts between 8am to 10pm
Closing Date: 25th April 2017
Our Client is an independent charity who provides a comprehensive range of services to adults and children affected by domestic abuse who live in Essex, Hertfordshire and Southend. They are a progressive Domestic Abuse Support Service, passionate about reaching and supporting all victims of domestic abuse on the basis of risk, need and choice.
They understand that different groups have different needs and may be more or less reluctant to come forward and they are continually developing their services to ensure that they are accessible and acceptable to all those who need them. They want to reach and support people when they most need them so they operate 24 hours a day and seven days a week, running IDVA and Community based support services. Generally, IDVAs provide a high-quality frontline service to victims of domestic abuse, delivering a service to those at highest risk.
The Health IDVA role involves delivering the Daisy project within the hospital setting, working as part of a multidisciplinary clinical team delivering training and support aimed at improving the health, wellbeing and safety outcomes of people attending the department and their children.
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THAT THE APPLICANTS:
- Hold a Safelives IDVA training certificate (for qualified roles)
- Have experience of working directly with victims of domestic violence within an IDVA team
- Have experience working directly with vulnerable people.
- Have experience managing a caseload.
- Working within a multi-agency and legislative framework.
- Have computer literacy skills and have experience of working with databases.
- Have excellent communication, negotiation and advisory skills, both written and verbal when interacting with a range of agencies and individuals.
- Have strong crisis management skills and the ability to deal with stressful and difficult situations.
- Be a car driver.
- A health related qualification will be desirable.
They have full time roles as Qualified IDVAs, unqualified IDVAs (£21500) and Qualified Health IDVAs permanent positions (They will consider part-time) based in Harlow, Chelmsford and Southend. Thus, if you are not qualified or will consider other locations please send in your application for consideration.
PEASE NOTE: An Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be required
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Health IDVA, Healthcare Assistant, Support Worker, Domestic Violence Assistant, Community Safety Assistant, Domestic Abuse Assistant, IDVA Qualified Healthcare Assistant may also be considered for this role.