Animal Management Lecturer
We have a new exciting opportunity, not to be missed! At Plumpton College's Netherfield Centre we are currently looking for an Animal Management Lecturer to come and support our team. The successful candidate will join us on a full time, permanent basis working 37 hours per weekend and will receive a competitive salary of £22,451 to £29,320 per annum.
With over 3,000 students, excellent resources and a drive for continuous quality improvement, Plumpton College is actively seeking staff with the right values and attributes who want to make a difference and be part of this exciting phase of our development. We are looking to recruit professional and ambitious individuals to form an integral part of our growing team at Netherfield.
We have a full time opportunity for a Lecturer in Animal Management with a relevant degree in Animal Management or a related discipline and experience of teaching at school and Further Education levels.
Key responsibilities of our Animal Management Lecturer
- As directed by Programme Manager and Curriculum Manager, plan, prepare, teach, assess, report and monitor to ensure each highly effective lessons to a consistently good or outstanding standard. Share teaching, learning and assessment (TLA) good practice and celebrate students' and others' successes
- Conduct initial assessments and record within the Student Individual Learning Plan, adapt teaching delivery to meet the requirements of the plan and monitor student progress frequently and report to programme Manager
- Ensure opportunities are created and realised for students to be able to continuously develop their English and maths skills
- Set exams, homework and extension activities for individual students and provide timely, and constructive feedback to students to support progress
- Mark and assess course work and provide effective verbal and/or written feedback to support progression in line with awarding organisation requirements and college processes.
- Monitor tracking of individual student progress across programme(s) and ensure action is taken to improve progress where possible
- Using initial assessment and other information to write and distribute student profiles for all tutees
- Work as a personal tutor, co-ordinated by Programme Manager and Curriculum Manager, and engage with student services as required
- Complete one to one tutorials with students, review and set targets and record progress and outcomes on Pro Monitor or any other agreed format set by the college
What we're looking for in our Animal Management Lecturer
- Hold a degree / professional qualification or equivalent
- Hold a relevant teaching qualification for level of programme/course or be willing to gain a relevant formal qualification
- Show evidence of or potential to teach to a consistently good or better standard
- Level 2 or higher qualifications in both English and maths
- Sector / industry experience and/or evidence of specialist subject knowledge in key areas
- Clear understanding of the needs of students and how these may be met
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of the factors affecting student welfare and best practice in maintaining and enhancing student behaviour and safeguarding
- Willing and able to develop curriculum, teaching and learning materials in subject specialisms as part of continuous development
In return as our Animal Management Lecturer, we can offer you…
As well as a competitive salary, you can also look forward to a great range of benefits including generous holiday entitlement, membership of the Teachers' Pension Scheme, child care voucher scheme, and free on-site parking.
If you believe you have the right skills and are looking for your next career opportunity as the new Animal Management Lecturer based at Netherfield then please click ‘apply' today - don't miss out, we'd love to hear from you!
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 19th July 2017
Interviews will be held: w/c 24th July 2017