IT Project Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an IT Project Manager to join the Port of Dover’s IT Department.
With millions of passengers, cars, trucks, motorcycles and coaches passing through on cross-Channel ferries each year, it's no wonder we're known as the 'Gateway to Europe'.
Our award-winning cruise port, the second busiest in the UK, hosts some of the world’s most prestigious cruise lines. Our portfolio is diverse other successful business include a cargo terminal, award winning marina and several niche activities.
This is truly an exciting time to be part of our growing organisation. The Dover Western Docks Revival Project, the single biggest investment undertaken by the Port, will create a purpose-built cargo and logistics facility at the Port, which currently handles up to £119 billion of UK trade each year.
As an experienced and highly motivated Project Manager with a passion for technology, you will help the Department plan and deliver a programme of technology projects across a diverse IT environment.
The role will coordinate internal resources and third parties / vendors for the flawless delivery of technology projects. This will include developing project scopes and objectives, ensuring technical feasibility and measuring project performance, to ensure timely delivery. As well as IT project management and administration, the role will also involve business analysis.
A significant technology project for 2017/2018 is the renewal of the Port’s vessel traffic management and port information systems.
An ideal IT Project Manager will have the following skills and qualifications:
- Great educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or technology.
- Proven working experience as a project administrator in the information technology sector.
- Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development or IT infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Agile methodology.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Strong presentation skills and the ability to present technical issues to non-technical audience.
- A can-do attitude with a good awareness of customer service.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and competing priorities.
- PMP / PRINCE II certification is a plus.
In return for this you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online together with covering letter outlining your salary expectations to the email address provided.
recruitx ref: 961911257 / INDHP
Apply for IT Project Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly