Head of Subscriptions and Marketing
We have a new exciting opportunity at Saga Group for a Head of Subscriptions and Marketing to join our team based in Folkestone. You will join us on a full time, fixed term basis of 12 months and will receive a competitive salary.
The Saga Way…… At Saga we exist to make the lives of retired people better; where we see the world through our customer’s eyes, so we can exceed their expectations; where nothing is too much trouble for our customers; where we trust and challenge each other to be brave and do the right thing and where we are ‘One Saga’.
As our business moves into a new and re-energised future of growth there is a real opportunity for great people to play a significant role as part of one the UKs most iconic and trusted brands.
About the Head of Subscriptions and Marketing role:
With a sound direct or subscriptions marketing background in a multi-channel environment and experience in managing a customer-facing contact centre, this role demands proven success in managing large budgets and stretching revenue targets, and being an outstanding leader who can inspire and motivate marketing and sales teams to achieve exceptional results.
Working with, and deputising for the Director of Publishing & PR, you will actively contribute to and help shape the overall strategy for Saga Publishing; with a key focus of taking ownership of all marketing for the business.
Strong experience of both on and offline marketing is important, combined with a clear commercial focus, a creative approach and an exceptional eye for detail. First-rate networking, communication and presentation skills are a must, plus the ability to build excellent relationships with multiple stakeholders across broad business areas.
Responsibilities as our Head of Subscriptions and Marketing:
- You will be accountable for setting pricing, shaping strategies, devising plans and driving their successful delivery, through to managing research and developing innovative campaigns that increase new business and customer retention.
- You will be responsible for the customer-facing subscriptions contact centre which deals with inbound and outbound marketing and all correspondence and processing, with a focus on delivering a world-class customer experience.
- Driving our third-party partnerships strategy and you will be accountable for delivering incremental revenue, contributing to the business’ future plans for growth in this area.
- You will uphold Saga’s unique brand values and standards. That means seeing the world through our customers’ eyes and working hard to understand them better than anyone else. It also means being open and honest with our colleagues as we challenge each other to be better at every opportunity.
Experience and skills required of our Head of Subscriptions and Marketing:
- A minimum of five years’ experience in subscriptions or direct marketing, for a medium to large sized company with a substantial marketing budget
- An in-depth knowledge of subscriptions marketing and knowledge of the Publishing industry
- To have clear brand focus that informs decision and planning and will be passionate about protecting the brand
- Demonstrable competence in both on and offline marketing and clear commercial delivery
- Direct budget management experience with demonstrable delivery of significant business benefits across multiple channels
- Graduate calibre.
- Ideally hold CIM or IDM qualification
- Maintain CPD (continuous professional development) to support professional status and business need)
- A target orientated and commercially astute individual who operates with a high level of strategic focus
- Dynamic, energetic and engaging, with a drive to succeed and a tireless enthusiasm for improving your own performance and that of their team
So if you would like to join our team as our new Head of Subscriptions and Marketing then please click ‘apply’ today, we’d love to hear from you!
Apply for Head of Subscriptions and Marketing
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly