Project Manager - Engineering
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Project Manager to join Port of Dover.
With millions of passengers, cars, trucks, motorcycles and coaches passing through on
cross-Channel ferries each year, it's no wonder we're known as the 'Gateway to Europe'.
Our award-winning cruise port, the second busiest in the UK, hosts some of the world’s most prestigious cruise lines. Our portfolio is diverse other successful business include a cargo terminal, award winning marina and several niche activities.
This is truly an exciting time to be part of our growing organisation. The Dover Western Docks Revival Project, the single biggest investment undertaken by the Port, will create a purpose-built cargo and logistics facility at the Port, which currently handles up to £119 billion of UK trade each year.
The purpose of this job is to effectively plan, communicate, manage and deliver a range of exciting and challenging engineering projects in one of Europe’s busiest Ports, using a team of in-house technical staff and external contractors.
As well as managing projects, the post offers opportunities for ‘line management’ responsibilities.
As a Project Manager, your duties and responsibilities will be:
- Lead and manage project teams, delivering a range of engineering projects from inception to completion
- Line manager for a team of engineers and technicians with project management experience
- Agree and document scope of projects
- Produce approval papers and present for approval
- Manage project financials
- Produce high level project plans
- Proactively communicate with project stakeholders
- Ensure that projects are delivered safely and in compliance with all applicable legislation
- Champion customer service delivery by ensuring robust planning, effective communication and timely delivery
An ideal Project Manager will have the following skills and qualifications:
- BSc or above in project management, construction management or engineering discipline
- Demonstrative experience of managing projects
- Experience of managing formal contracts ie NEC
- Experience of compliance with CDM Regulations
- Strong people and performance management skills
- Experience of financial and budgetary preparation and monitoring
In return for this you will receive:
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
For an opportunity to join this expanding company please submit your CV online.
recruitx ref: 961951407 / INDHP