GCSE Maths Technical Skills Instructor, PROCAT, Basildon
Job Purpose: To develop courses and deliver outstanding teaching and learning ensuring all learners meet or exceed their predicted outcomes
- To plan, prepare and deliver lessons which meet the Ofsted criteria for 'Good' or better including the development of relevant resources
- To ensure accurate assessment and progressive feedback of learners' work against criteria
- To develop courses that meet the needs of all stakeholders with effective mapping of student and apprentice pathways
- Create, maintain and analyse accurate data in relation to learners.
- Produce effective, accurate and current records to ensure that all parties are clear where each learner is at any given time and how to progress further
- To ensure learners are engaged and motivated to learn through active teaching and learning strategies that are learner-centric at all times
- To respond to and support students' additional needs with referral on to appropriate parties
- To embed and promote British Values and support and respond sensitively and empathically to student disclosures, observing confidentiality where appropriate and referring appropriately in the case of safeguarding.
Quality Measures / Outputs:
- Achievement of key performance indicators as directed by Programme Manager (achievement, pass rates, retention and attendance)
- Observations/learning walks are at required standard or above
- Learner satisfaction at 90% or above with a clear understanding of the benefits of obtaining the skills relevant to the course
- A range of courses developed and ready to promote showing pathway routes internally and externally
How outputs will be achieved:
- Develop all lesson plans and associated resources ensuring planning for individualised learning takes place which in-turn leads to the delivery of active and engaged learning
- Fully implement tracking systems, monitor and complete, sharing with all stakeholders to ensure that learners understand fully what needs to happen to achieve and exceed their targets
- To complete reviews/progression data/registers and any other associated reports to inform both internally and externally in a timely way
- Plan and deliver appropriate assessments in accordance with awarding body criteria and work related outcomes
- Work with associated parties to ensure that where support is in place this is highlighted within planning and shared in a timely manner to enable students to exceed their aspirations.
- Embed English, maths, ICT into planning and delivery working with vocational areas to ensure learning is relevant
- Working alongside relevant stakeholders, develop a range of courses that meet the needs and are financially viable
- Participate and fully engage in CPD working on identified areas for improvement as evidenced through learning walks, observations and college areas for improvement
- Post 14 teaching qualification
- Understanding and experience of delivering GCSE
- Full understanding of GCSE specification
The post holder should embody our core values of Professionalism, Equality, Integrity and Accountability. Applicants will be required during the interview process to demonstrate how their skills/competencies meet the requirements for the role, and how they share our core values.