Level 2/Intermediate Business Administration Apprenticeship
Sussex Downs College are seeking a highly-motivated individual to join us as an Admissions and Financial Support Apprentice and benefit from work-based training and wide-ranging experience within Sussex Downs College. The position will be based in Lewes, with occasional work in Eastbourne.
As a member of the Information Services Team, the post holder will be expected to work in a flexible, proactive manner and carry out such duties as are necessary to ensure the effective delivery of the service.
The following list is intended to give an indication of the range of duties and responsibilities attached to the post and is not intended to be prescriptive.
- Provide front line service to learners of all ages, which covers the full range of curriculum and support services including courses, fees, waivers, entitlements, discounts, travel and financial support.
- Accurately process the applications and enrolment of students, including scheduling interviews, processing offers, online, postal, personal and telephone enrolments.
- Receive fees in respect of student enrolment for tuition, examinations and registration and other course costs, in accordance with college financial procedures.
- Be pro-active in maintaining effective links with curriculum in respect of course and student information.
- Participate in cross-college audit processes to ensure accuracy of student, course, timetable and register data.
- Provide support to users of College Information Services systems.
- Maintain current and archived paper-based student files (records).
- Work closely with the Information Services Team Leaders to develop, document and implement procedures across the college.
- Provide cover for reception including College switchboard, internal radio system and post as required.
- Work flexibly and support colleagues and other areas of Information Services (e.g. MIS, Exams and Admissions, Newhaven) providing cover at all campuses as required.
- Assist in the arrangement of and attend events such as open events, interviews, introductory days and Enrolment.
- Some events will require evening and/or weekend work.
- Take part in the regular evaluation of the services and make recommendations for improvements and actively contribute to the College Self-Assessment process.
- Perform all of the above duties in accordance with college policies, procedures and regulations on Safeguarding, Equal Opportunities, Health & Safety, Quality Assurance, financial matters and Data Protection Act.
- Any other job related activities as requested appropriate to the grading of the post.
Please note: due to the nature of the role specific leave restrictions apply during peak periods of work most usually running from last week in August to the October term break.
Working week 8.30am - 5pm or 9am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday 4.30pm finish on Friday Hours to be confirmed on appointment Total hours per week: 37.00
Weekly wage GBP159.31 - GBP195.48
Expected apprenticeship duration 18 months
The skills that are essential for the role include:
- High level of computer literacy and keyboard skills including accurate data input skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to use office equipment, filing systems and information
- Ability to work in a team and on own initiative
- Ability to follow written procedure and carry out tasks
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Office Experience in a customer care role
The skills that are desirable for the role include:
- Experience of cash handling within a workplace
- Experience in use of databases
- An understanding of 'safeguarding' and its importance within the college
- Awareness of data protection issues
- Recent knowledge and experience of administration systems
- High level of customer care awareness
- High level of security/confidentiality awareness
- Professional, confident and welcoming manner
- Flexibility over working hours with ability to work extra hours at peak periods and to cover annual leave/sickness which may be outside normal business hours.
The essential qualifications for the role include:
- 4 GCSEs at grade C or above including Mathematics and English (or equivalent level 2 qualifications). The desired qualifications for the role include:
- 5 GCSEs at grade C or above including Mathematics and English (or equivalent level 2 qualifications) Future prospects There may be a full time position at the end of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider This role is based at our Lewes Campus but there is an expectation that cover will be provided in Eastbourne when required. Progression through the salary range will be linked to age, performance and satisfactory completion of study. This is an excellent opportunity for someone wishing to develop a career within an administrative environment. Starting salary GBP159.31 rising to GBP195.48 per week (Full-time/Full year). A DBS check will be required.
This apprenticeship requires you to apply through the employer's website.