Apprentice Carpenter and Joiner, Construction, Training
A fantastic opportunity to join an extremely well established, busy Building Contractors in Eastbourne has arisen. (Colbran & Wingrove Ltd) We are looking for someone who is reliable, hardworking, dedicated and committed to getting a carpentry & joinery qualification. If this sounds like a job for you then please don't hesitate to get in touch.
This is a chance to join our team and work alongside our experienced and established trades.
We are offering a full time role to learn carpentry and joinery on various sites and activities, as well as all other aspects of construction to help the apprentice appreciate how the industry works.
The successful applicant will be required to attend college for day release to achieve level 2 in carpentry and joinery and have the chance to be retained by our company on successful completion of all exams and apprenticeship terms.
Key tasks will include:
- Install doors, ironmongery, service encasements, wall and floor units and fitments, cladding and staircase components.
- Carry out a range of job tasks including measuring, marking out, fitting, cutting, splicing, finishing, positioning and securing
- Install door and window frames, door and hatch linings, floor joist coverings, straight partitions and straight staircases
- The successful applicant will be required to be motivated, willing to learn and take instructions and should be smart in appearance.
Monday to Friday 7.30am to 4.30pm (the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Weekly wage GBP148.75
Expected apprenticeship duration 24 months
Possible start date 04 Sep 2017
Apprenticeship level Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The essential skills for the role include:
- Understand the principles of health, safety and welfare and how these are applied in the workplace (e.g. personal protective equipment)
- Understand how to communicate with others and comply with instructions and directions
- Understand how to interpret and use relevant product information and specifications.
- Understand their responsibilities under current employment and safety legislation
- Understand the needs of other workers and how to work effectively with others Effective communication: oral, written, listening, body language, presentation
- Logical thinking: use clear and valid reasoning when making decisions
- Time management: use own time effectively to complete the work on schedule
- Working effectively: undertake the work in a reliable and productive manner
- Adaptability: be able to adjust to changes to work instructions.
- Being able to work well in a team but also with limited supervision.
- Be willing to take responsibility for completing your own work.
There are no essential qualifications for this role however you will have to undertake some initial Maths and English assessments before beginning the apprenticeship.
Future prospects There may be the opportunity to progress onto the Level 3 in Carpentry and Joinery, or gain a full time position.