Apprentice IT Assistant, IT Professionals, Web and Software
Airtrace Sheet Metal Ltd is an established Eastbourne company looking for a bright, friendly, IT enthusiast who will become the company's go-to person for all IT queries. You will need to be knowledgeable, patient and a great social media user, as we need you to keep all our communications up to date.
The main purpose of this role is to ensure that our IT systems are updated, that our office equipment is serviced and repaired, and our internal and external image and communications are professional, accurate, and high quality.
The work is varied and will include:
- Updating our website and social media sites
- Solving IT issues Keeping our office equipment working
- Preparing new equipment ready for use
- Ensuring we get the most out of the IT equipment we have
- Researching the market for new equipment
Working week 40 hours per week,
Mon-Fri 8.30am-5.30 with an hour for lunch
Weekly wage GBP200.00
Expected apprenticeship duration 13 months
Possible start date 11 Sep 2017
The essential skills for the role include:
- Excellent IT skills
- Knowledge of IT hardware
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Confident and able to talk to people
- Interested in all aspects of IT
- Keen to exploit all aspects of IT equipment
- Well organised and thorough
- Prepared to get involved in things
- Able to think widely and creatively - especially for the website
- Willing to learn and to teach others
- Willing to explore and develop knowledge of IT systems
- Willing to become the company IT Know-All
- Able to communicate at all levels
- You must have GCSEs in Maths, English and ICT, at grades A*-C, or equivalent to apply for this role.
Future prospects It is likely that on successful completion of the apprenticeship there will be permanent position available.
Things to consider
You will be required to attend Sussex Downs College as part as a day release apprenticeship, one day every two weeks.