Hourly Paid Teacher in Photography and Moving Image - Colchester Insti
JOB TITLE: Hourly Paid Teacher in Photography and Moving Image
REGULATED ACTIVITY: Yes
RESPONSIBLE TO: Area Head for Faculty of Creative Arts, Health & Education
LINE MANAGEMENT OF OTHETR STAFF: No
GRADE: GBP22.4083 - GBP24.4614 per hour
The post holder will provide dynamic, engaging and challenging teaching delivery at Level 2/3 within the subject specialism of photography practice, with a particular emphasis on still and moving image.
They will assess learner work and give constructive feedback to learners about the progress they are making. They will actively monitor and support learner progress and work in close collaboration with other staff to ensure the highest possible level of learner achievement.
- To plan and deliver structured and focused delivery within the subject specialism of photography practice, with a particular emphasis on still and moving image, that challenges all learners to improve and embeds strategies to improve literacy and numeracy within teaching.
- To contribute to course planning and operation to ensure the delivery of appropriate teaching on leisure and study programmes including the organisation of educational visits and work related and work experience opportunities.
- To attend and participate in course team meetings and other meetings as required by the Area Head, and to participate in the sharing of best practice; leading by example where appropriate.
- To ensure timely and accurate assessment grading and internal verification and standardisation of learners work.
- To assess learner work, monitor and track learner progress, and to ensure that all learners receive constructive feedback with clear actions and targets which encourages further learning and enables them to improve.
- To liaise with parents/guardians as appropriate in order to support learner progress.
- To ensure learners are prepared for progression though appropriate advice and portfolio preparation.
- To assist with recruitment of FE Art and Design learners, interviewing applicants and participating in taster events, welcome days and learner induction programmes.
- To maintain best practice with Health and Safety, and Codes of Practice relating to the use of equipment, materials and processes, informing and advising the DoF and Area Head of any Health and Safety issues.
- Work to promote and apply the College's Safeguarding, Child Protection, PREVENT and Equality and Diversity policy and practices; integrating E&D within the curriculum.
- To liaise and work with other academic and support staff within the centre, and cross college departments.
- Undertaking such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of Colchester Institute provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.